2020 Bronze Revisions Update
In 2020 the Lifesaving Society released the revised Bronze medal awards. The update improves skill progressions for a seamless flow into National Lifeguard and sets candidates up for success as they move through the Society’s lifesaving, assistant lifeguard and lifeguard continuum.
We outline the changes in three communiques:
• What’s new for instructors?
• What’s new for recertifying Bronze Cross candidates?
• What’s new for affiliates?
• Bronze Star focuses on swimming proficiency, lifesaving skill and physical fitness.
• Bronze Medallion reintroduces lifesaving strokes.
• Bronze Cross introduces fundamental assistant lifeguard skills.
• Standardized Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross recertification exams.
There are no changes to prerequisites.
2020 Bronze Revisions Update (3 hours)
Prerequisite: Lifesaving Instructor (need not be current).
100% attendance and participation required in all sessions.
Online, synchronous instruction via Google Meet (3 hours): 6:00-9:00pm - June 20, 2022.
Price includes new Bronze Medals Award Guide (shipping is not included).
Shipping costs will be calculated dependant on location (approx. $20/person).
Registration closes June 13, 2022.
After registration is complete the following information will be sent to the email provided during registration:
- a link to our Google Meet meeting, and
- pick-up dates for manuals in Saskatoon and area OR
- shipping details for candidates located outside of Saskatoon and area.