Lifesaving Society 2020 Bronze Revisions Update - 2023 Delivery
In 2020 the Lifesaving Society released the revised Bronze medal awards. The update improves skill progressions for a seamless flow into National Lifeguard and sets candidates up for success as they move through the Society’s lifesaving, assistant lifeguard and lifeguard continuum.
We outline the changes in three communiques:
• What’s new for instructors?
• What’s new for recertifying Bronze Cross candidates?
• What’s new for affiliates?
• Bronze Star focuses on swimming proficiency, lifesaving skill and physical fitness.
• Bronze Medallion reintroduces lifesaving strokes.
• Bronze Cross introduces fundamental assistant lifeguard skills.
• Standardized Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross recertification exams.
There are no changes to prerequisites.
Lifesaving Society 2020 Bronze Revisions Update (Asynchronous)
Prerequisite: Lifesaving Society Lifesaving Instructor (need not be current).
Upon receipt of course payment and proof of prerequisite, candidates will receive:
New Lifesaving Society Bronze Medal Award Guide
Access to a 4-part video series of the Bronze Revision information,
Instructor Assignment, to be completed while reviewing the 4-part video series.
Online, asynchronous instruction via video and take-home assignment.
Price includes new Lifesaving Society Bronze Medals Award Guide (shipping is not included).
$20 shipping costs are applicable to all candidates outside of Saskatoon.
1. Download the course registration form and return to email@example.com.
2. Submit payment via etransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.